CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Joy

What brings me joy? The definition of joy is, pleasure caused by the acquisition or expectation of good; delight; exultation. My life is filled with great joy! I have a great family and friends, but the main thing that brings me joy is to make people feel happy and good about themselves. I even like to make people feel joyous. The reason this brings me joy is that seeing people laugh and feel good about themselves makes me feel proud of myself. I know if I bring joy to other people, then I have accomplished something that day. Just the other day I went to the children's home to see girl's who have gotten taken away from their homes for different reasons. When I got there and saw the joy on their faces, it almost made me cry. The reason is, those girl's were so glad to finally get a visitor, who took the time to come see them. And to know that I was the one to bring them joy, well, it brought me joy.
Who do I bring joy to? That is a tough question. First and foremost, I strive everyday to bring joy to the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the source of all my joy. I love my family and friends and through this love I hope I bring them joy. My youth minister at church says that the word joy can be taken apart like this, J-Jesus O- others Y- you.

0 comments: