CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

My Favorite Memory

I have many memories in my life. It was very hard to come up with one favorite memory though. Then I was asleep in the bed and I had a dream. In my dream, I saw my grandmommy her smiling and laughing. Then I woke up and just knew what my favorite memory was. I was sitting with my best friend, my grandmommy, in her kitchen. Now my grandmommy was famous for her cornbread and she was letting me help her how to make it. I was about five years old and barely able to reach the counter tops in the kitchen. My grandmommy was mixing the cornbread and singing and we were having the best time. Then I decided that I wanted to help. So when she walked away, I reached up to get the bowl with the cornbread in it and it fell right on top of my head! I was so scared that grandmommy would be mad at me but she wasn't. All she did was look at me with her big smile and laugh her head off. So I had cornbread all over my head and by then I had gotten it all over her because I just ran up and hugged her. When my grandmommy was at the Macon Cancer Clinic I would always tell her that story and remind her of the good times we had because she had ovarion cancer so she was in a lot of pain. Then on December the ninth I was sitting beside her bed and I told that story for one last time and she smiled and said that she loved me. After she went to sleep that night I left and then we got a call that night that she had passed. The reason why this is my favorite memory is because of that great time we had that day. Another reason is because that was the last thing that I actually talked to my grandmommy about and smiled at her and to tell her that I loved her for one last time. I would never trade any memory for that one.

This is dedecated to Barbara Bell

My Grandmommy

0 comments: